Desktop Services Group was incorporated in 1996 to provide training and IT consulting services for the small business community in New York and NJ. Today, DTSG provides IT-related services to clients from Rockland County, NY, down to Red Bank, NJ.
Bob Newman, Desktop Services Group founder, saw an increasing need for quality computer consulting and training services. Starting with a small group of local customers, DTSG began supporting Windows and Novell-based local-area networks. Shortly thereafter, Bob acquired his Certified Novell Instructor certificate (CNI), at Novell’s training center in Herndon. VA.
While the Microsoft boom began, he augmented his Novell CNI with a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) certificate, and began teaching Microsoft Official Curriculum courses at Berkeley College, a well-known business college in Northern New Jersey. He continued to support customers, operating DTSG during the day, and teaching courses at night.
As the business grew, Bob continued to provide support and assistance to clients, with an emphasis on listening to the clients needs and addressing them. Often it meant finding a new solution to an old problem, but in Bob’s own words “Finding individual solutions for a client establishes a level of trust and respect that provides a solid foundation on which we and the customer grow together.”
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
- Response – we respond quickly and get stuff done quickly, so the loss of productivity to the client is MINIMIZED.
- We always remember that this is a PEOPLE business. In this day and age of voice mail and auto attendants, we strive to make sure you always get a human being on the phone.
- Satisfaction – We are committed to making sure customers are satisfied. If you’re not happy, We’re not happy
- We Do things right – there’s always a shortcut, but it comes at a price. We always advise clients on the RIGHT way to do something, whether it’s because of security, compliance, future options, or just common sense.
- An environment of trust. We work towards the goal of gaining, and ultimately maintaining your TRUST.
- We will always get to the bottom of an issue, we don’t make quick fixes unless we get your approval. Even then we’ll advise you against it.
- We are always looking for improvements on our products and services.
- Protection and security. We insist that all of our clients have TWO functioning backups, and Multi-layered threat protection, so you can sleep at night.
- Accessibility – My phone (Bob Newman) is always open to calls from customers, no matter what time of day or night.